April 04, 2005

A New Age in Fiction

Can I just say OY, *!@#$ Daylight Savings Time? Right now, I'm completely jealous of Arizona.

Fantasy writers, creepy mystery novelists and 'ghostwriters,' you've got to check out Llewellyn Worldwide, one of the oldest publishers dealing with the paranormal -- they opened up their publishing line to YA stuff about three years ago, and they're likely one of the more open-minded about "creepy" fiction and paranormal mysteries than the average publisher. They claim that they publish stories on the 'edge of teen culture.' What struck me most about them is that they claim to prefer to deal with unagented writers -- PREFER, my dears. Possibly they feel this is more authentic? I have no idea. Their YA guide is here, and is very, VERY specific, including a detailed questionnaire to be immediately forwarded to their marketing people. Efficient. If my fantasy novella weren't in such a snarl, I'd get chattin' with them immediately. As it is...

...back to the keyboard.

No comments: