March 20, 2008

Toon Thursday: Stages of Rejection #2


We're well underway on our "Seven Stages of Rejection" now. The irony, of course, is that I've already gotten over the rejection that spawned this seven-week burst of creativity, and I've already sent out new queries and gotten on with my life. On the other hand, I don't have to agonize over cartoon ideas for the next few weeks. Hmm...perhaps that rejection had quite a significant silver lining. (Click here for Stage One, in case you missed last week.)


Speaking of cartoons about rejection, I came across an excellent cartoon (originally from The Onion) on reasons for rejection at the blog of kt literary. The blog is called Ask Daphne! and it's got a lot of useful info from an agent's perspective.


I'll be back tomorrow--with my first-ever contribution to Poetry Friday! Now I've announced it to the public at large, so I can't wuss out!

4 comments:

tanita✿davis said...

Okay, the ferrets -- are a laugh out loud moment...

No matter how you feel now, I think you have to keep going with these because heck, we all need to know the seven stages!!

Anonymous said...

Ditto... When I got to the ferrets I busted out laughing! I love your cartoons. They really hit the money.

Jennifer R. Hubbard said...

Not only have the lemons of rejection become the lemonade of Toon Thursday, but we get more ferrets as an added bonus!

Sarah Stevenson said...

Ha, Jenn!! I love it--the lemons of rejection.

Yeah, I couldn't help bringing the ferrets back. It just seemed right. :)