February 07, 2011

Things Which Cheer Me Ridiculously



Long before I reached these green and soggy isles, I was a big Aardman fan. We watched all manner of Wallace & Gromit movies, loved the bizarre Creature Comforts series and various bootlegged shorts from the UK. One of the more fun things about moving here was happily watching Shaun the Sheep after a day of work. (Oh, cartoon hour is a fine thing.)

Well, I am happy to tell you that one day (probably in 2013-14*) you, too, may watch Shaun from the comfort of your own movie theater. Yes. Aardman announced that there is going to be a big-screen film.

Color me ridiculously happy.


*Even computer animation takes forever -- but stop motion clay animation takes EONS. However, Aardman Animations is simply the best, so it's worth the wait.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh YAY! My girls will be ecstatic. We *adore* Shaun around here.

Sarah Stevenson said...

YAY! I actually just watched a few of those on Netflix maybe a month ago. So hilarious. I love Aardman--Creature Comforts was probably my favorite.

R.J. Anderson said...

EEEEEEEEE!!! This is the best news I've had all day!

Jackie said...

Awesoooome! I love Wallace & Gromit, but I just learned about Shaun the Sheep not too long ago when I subscribed to Netflix. I love it! And, now I look forward to the new movie too!