July 22, 2013

A Hurrah and a Brief Absence

NOT that I haven't already been in and out over the past month, but I'm happy to report that my massive rewrite is now FINISHED and in my editor's hands (with more revision to come, I'm sure, but I think this was the bulk of it)! I now no longer have that as a handy excuse for my lack of blogging. No, I have a new excuse for you now: on Thursday I'll be leaving to join my husband Rob in India for some traveling, back in mid-August.

It'll be my first trip to India, so I'm equal parts excited and terrified, but I'll be thrilled to see my husband after a month of only seeing him in digitized Skype form (he was attending a 4-week National Endowment for the Humanities seminar). And I'm looking forward to meeting (well, technically "seeing again," but I was too young to remember) one of my extended family members in New Delhi as well as spending a little time in Mumbai with fellow Mills MFA grads Elena and Ajay. I promise to take lots of pictures (Rob's been posting some already, and you can see the video clips he's been posting for his art students at his blog).

I have ambitious plans to write at least a couple of book reviews to post while I'm gone, so I don't actually go totally invisible, but we'll see how that goes over the next couple of days...and if you don't see me, au revoir for a few weeks!

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

Congratulations, and I hope you have a lovely time in India!

tanita✿davis said...

AT LAST! It's a manuscript!
More exciting and more important than any other birth today. CONGRATULATIONS.

Anonymous said...

Have an excellent trip!

Sarah Stevenson said...

Thanks, all! :)

I promise to post pictures of the trip and keep you apprised of the new book, too. :)