April 13, 2017

Cybils Finalist Reviews Roundup: YA Graphic Novels

Not too long ago, I put together a roundup of the 2016 Cybils Finalists for Elementary/Middle Grade Graphic Novels. Now that I've finished all the YA finalist reviews, here's a roundup of all of those for your reading convenience:

Trashed by Derf Backderf

March: Book Three by John Lewis, Andrew Aydin, and Nate Powell (the winner!)

Lucky Penny by Ananth Hirsh and Yuko Ota

Monstress, Volume 1: Awakening by Marjorie Liu and Sana Takeda

Ms. Marvel, Volume 5: Super Famous by G. Willow Wilson, Leon Alphona, and Takeshi Miyazawa

Faith, Volume 1: Hollywood and Vine by Jody Houser, Francis Portela, and Marguerite Sauvage

Dare to Disappoint: Growing up in Turkey by Ozge Samanci

Soon I'll be back to posting reviews that are non-Cybils-related. :)

2 comments:

Kim Aippersbach said...

Thanks for the handy roundup! My library finally has Monstress: I'm so excited! (I think I'll end up buying it, it's so beautiful.)

Sarah Stevenson said...

The artwork in Monstress is amazing! The story's good, too. I haven't been good at keeping up with serials but this is one I may have to follow up on.